Wednesday 19 August 2009

Four

Organisation!!! What? I haven't chosen this word today because it's particularly strange or interesting. Oh no, it's because that is going to be my next major project.

I would love to be able to tell you that the tidy organised storage system pictured is mine, for all my crafty bits and pieces ..... but yep, you've guessed already haven't you, it's not mine.

I have been interested in making 'things' , lots of different things over the past many years. 'Things' could be defined as pictures, cards, patchwork quilts, christmas decorations ...... i think you get the idea? Over the years I have accumulated lots and lots and LOTS of products and resources. Sometimes when I'm looking for something entirely different and not at all craft related I come across an item I have purchased and put away for use later. So, as you can imagine there are craft 'things' scattered in various places of the house. This isn't a good idea at all, I never remember what I have and sometimes end up with duplicates (i'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem ....... i hope not anyway!)

The plan then, is to combine everything in the one place for ease of access. It's so much easier to come up with an idea too when you can actually see what you have to work with. Having recently converted the attic space into a bedroom for my youngest I now have some room in his 'used to be' bedroom that i plan to take over and populate with my creativity. So, I need an action plan....

  1. Find all craft related items (this could be harder than I think!)
  2. Find suitable storage solutions
  3. categorise all items into appropriate boxes (this could take a LOT of time)
  4. find space for all the boxes
  5. fix and re-arrange many times until I get it just the way I want it
  6. destroy the tidiness by beginning to make something :P

I have decided on a little trip to Ikea at the weekend, Saturday in fact. If I can't get storage there then I definitely have a problem!! I have had a wee nosey online and there is a great picture of something that would suit just fine (i did try to copy it but it wouldn't let me!) That leaves me two evenings in which to locate all the offending products and shift them to their new home. You know what it's like, once you get stuck into something it's all you can think about. I can see myself spending hours making sure everything has it's own space. I know it will be worth all the pain, sweat and tears (I won't really be crying ... t'is just a figure of speech).

There is something I have to remember though ....... now what is it ..... ummmm, .. oh yes ... feed the children .......

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! I really thought you had managed to set up a new blog AND organise all your craft stuff during your hols!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a breath of fresh air in the blogging world, glad you followed me cos I got to find you, welcome to the blogging world I think you will love it. Hugs Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete