Sunday 31 July 2011

Sunshine In The Rain

Now then, now then, what is it with this weather? We just don't know what it is going to do from one day to the next. We have had such a mixed bag this last while. But guess what we have for the weekend ...... rain, Rain, RAIN!

Why am i so concerned about the weather you ask. Well, i've made a decision that I need to get some fitness in. My dance class takes a break during the summer so i haven't really been doing a whole lot of exercise. Last weekend we went up the mountains, the Mourne mountains that is. We spent a good three hours hiking up towards Slieve Bignian, the kids loved it and so did I. We will definitely be going back.

This week I have been out cycling. This is something I did a lot when I was younger and before I had children. I really do love it and i do want to get in a lot more miles so I've treated myself to a new hybrid bike. Pick it up tomorrow so i'll be out on along the river giving it a wee test run.

Back to some craft, on this dreary 'summer' day, i have used some melon mambo and so saffron to brighten the day. It's amazing how many cards you can make from one sheet of designer paper. Some of it I textured using the lattice square. It came up well don't you think?




These are just a few photos, I did make more but I think you get the idea. I have been  inspired lately by the blog Less Is More . I had thought about entering sometime but you have to be able to link back to the blog ....... actually, this is my attempt at a hyperlink lol. Just testing to see if i'm able to do it ...... lets hope it works.

Happy Sunday everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment